Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Just bought. 2015 8500 series and hooked up to new Marantz

Customer Question

Hi, just bought. 2015 8500 series and hooked up to new Marantz SR 5009 receiver. Receiver set up went smoothly. Using HDMI for TV ARC, Sat to Reciver, and Blue Ray to Receiver. Problem: getting video on TV (I can see dish TV) but no sound. I confirmed all speakers work in set up through Marantz set up. Any help is very much appreciated. I'm sure it is something simple but I've wasted days on trouble shooting.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Do you get sound if playing blueray ?
you are saying that you can select the sat. receiver and get picture but no sound , is that the same though the tv speakers as well , in other words no sound whatsoever from the sat. receiver , is that correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack, yes, Marantz set up tutorial was a success. This amp was replacing a pioneer that died and I bought a new TV to go along with it. When I hit TV button on amp, I get video bit no sound. And no sound through TV speakers. If I go to blue ray, I get a little sound from TV speaker only.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then do you get ANY sound whatsoever coming out of the Marantz ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only in set up of marantz. The set up through speakers, internet radio, etc all had sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I bypass amp. Go from Dish to TV with same HDMI, I get audio and video.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I have to step out for a while.
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially, have you ensured that in the HDMI Setup, the HDMI Audio Out is set to AVR (and not TV)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie, I think so. On this Samsung HDMI 4 IS arc. The HDMI from here went into ARC on amp... But any specific settings I've let the auto set ups do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To your question, are you referring to new TV or AMP? They do show video when I select Sat on amp but no audio.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Bear with me please and confirm this specific setting with the Marantz SR 5009; HDMI Audio Out is set to AVR. If it were set to AVR, then the described "...blue ray...sound from TV speaker only..." would not be possible considering "...HDMI...Blue Ray to Receiver..."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please be more specific. Both TV and Marantz have settings. So both have AVR settings.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
On "...be more specific..." please see post above "..confirm...setting with the Marantz SR 5009; HDMI Audio Out is set to AVR...."Using the Marantz remote control >MAIN / SETUP / ▼▲► / HDMI Setup / ENTER / ▼▲ / HDMI Audio Out / AVR / ENTERThere may be variation in the implementation of above steps depending on the version.