Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Network Media Player that I purchased about 2

Customer Question

I have a Sony Network Media Player that I purchased about 2 years ago. It has never allowed easy access to the 3 separate profiles/identities that I set up when originally purchased. Occasionally, when playing it stops and begins to "buffer" like old computers used to do when trying to log into a website. Sometimes it will actually cut off the Netflix operation. Finally, the sound will shut off and the video will continue. This never happens when using the TV for TV or for DVD operation. Only, with Netflix streaming. I was told it is out of warranty. Should I just replace it??
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you have any issues if you try streaming netflix from a computer or other device on your same home network (phone, tablet, etc)? Could you please go to speedtest.net on your computer, and tell me the results you get back (ping, up, and down speed)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to speed test now, but am able to run all functions of Netflix on my PC, my laptop and my iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only issues are with my TV and the Sony Media Player
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All using the same wireless connection!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information, and sorry I missed you earlier.The sony is an older model and has pretty limited memory/processing compared to the laptop, ipad, etc. Have you gone into the sony setup and run the firmware/software update function recently?