Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Denon AVR-888 and BenQ Movie projector. I recently

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR-888 and BenQ Movie projector. I recently had my Cable television account include service to my theater. I had the cable box connected to my Denon AVR HDMI CABLE/TV monitor input. The BenQ did not pick up the signal. However, when I connected Cable box to The Denon DVD HDMI input, it worked fine. I researched the HDMI set up section in my manual to see if I needed to change the settings, but I could not find a selection setting that would work.
Can you advise me.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me the model of the benq and how it is connected to the denon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe the benq is W20000 and I am trying to connect the Benq to the HDMI monitor output of the Denon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting my replies

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you for confirming.So since it did work on the denon dvd input, but not on the cbl/tv input, this is most likely just a denon setting.What you're looking for in the denon setup menu is the Input Assign function. There you tell it where to look for the signal type (hdmi, component, composite, etc) associated with each source mode. You need to reassign the clb input to point to hdmi. Go into the menu, under option 3 (input setup) then (input mode) and set cbl to hdmi.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If that doesn't do it, look in the same input setup menu, but under Assign, and set that to hdmi as well.These functions are both referenced on page 34 of your manual if you want to see what you are looking for.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,