Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Problem: I have an HK 3600 that just developed a problem with

Customer Question

Problem: I have an HK 3600 that just developed a problem with the A/V channel. We use it to play music through a link with I-Tunes and an Airport module from our monitor. There is a constant low hum/buzz with the singer's voice depressed and the instrument/s highlighted. This is not the case when the channel is tuned to Tuner/Radio with clear music and no hum/buzz signal.
Question: What is the estimate cost of repair and is it worth, or should I buy a new model? Your recommendations.
Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me more about how you are getting the itunes working? You mentioned an airport, are you using the analog red/white connections for that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wifi connection between monitor and older apple small airport express type plug in unit with black audio mini jack cable attachment from airport to back of the HK into A/V connection. No red/white connection.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
When you say minijack, you mean the 3.5mm headphone style plug, correct? But that is terminating to the red/white on the HK.