Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Bose machine plays the first part of a cd and then stops.

Customer Question

My Bose machine plays the first part of a cd and then stops. I have tried different cds and they do the same.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please tell me some more info about the system?
1) What is the model of the Bose system?
2) Is there also a separate disc changer, and does the issue only occur with the changer?
3) How long have you owned the system for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we never use the changer. It does it with one cd.
Our system is about 4-5 yrs old.
Bose waves music system
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. How much of the CD does the Bose play before skipping? Additionally, have you tried disconnecting the machine from power for 2-3 minutes and plugging back in to see if this possibly cures the issue?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If that did not work, then the issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).
Follow the steps below to determine and attempt to cure the issue.
You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.
If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Open the CD cover, then spray the can approximately 10" from the lens to blow any dust off of it.
If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced- which can only be done through Bose service.
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied, please click a POSITIVE RATING, as we are all independent Techs and that is how we're credited.
If you need further assistance let me know. NOTE: Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.