ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I'm having a static noise issue with my Yammy YSP-1 soundbar.

Customer Question

Hi. I'm having a static noise issue with my Yammy YSP-1 soundbar. Just wondering if you have found or posted anything similar to the advice you gave about 3 years ago. Copy below:
2lego :
With the remote in hand turn the system off. Now press/hold the INPUT button on the front and then press STANDBY/ON on the remote
2lego :
Release the INPUT button
2lego :
Set the operation mode switch from TV/AV to YSP on the remote control
2lego :
Press the up/down arrow keys on the remote control until FACTORY PRESET is display. Select enter
2lego :
Now use the left/right arrow keys to select RESET. Select enter now.
2lego :
Now when you turn the unit off and back on again it will have reset all the internal memory and functions, which will normally clear up this problem.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
If the above steps do not work, then try swapping out the audio cable.
If it still won't work, then either the soundbar has suddenly failed or has been damaged in some way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,I need some clarification on 2lego's previous instructions. He says to hold the 'INPUT' button on the YSP-1 remote. All I have on the remote is a button named 'TV INPUT'. Then he says to change from 'TV/AV' to 'YSP' I do not have 'TV/AV' or 'YSP' on my remote, only TV INPUT, TV, DVD, AUX & VCR. I do have the 'SELECT' button with the up-down & left-right buttons.Also, am I supposed to be viewing my on-screen display while doing 2lego's instructions or just hitting buttons on the remote?