Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Pioneer Elite SC65, All of a sudden it just turned

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite SC65, All of a sudden it just turned off. The blue light around the power button went out and when pressed does not turn on. There is a blue blinking light at the "advanced MCACC" All the rest of my equipment has power.
Thank you, Doug
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Doug. The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage. This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally. If this doesn’t change anything, let me know and I'll advise further.Nathan