Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Regarding my Panasonic CD Stereo System SC-PM15 : I am experiencing

Customer Question

Regarding my Panasonic CD Stereo System SC-PM15 : I am experiencing several problems. The pilot light has burned out once again. Where can I get it mrepaired in the Toronto Ontario Canada area? Can the pilot bulb be repalced with an LED bulb?
Recently, the station pre-set nolonger lets me clear all preset stations, even though I have repeatedly followed the instructions. When I do try to pre-set, I get a whole bunch of stations that I do not want.
My remote control has broken, and does not work at all. I have tried several times to fix by installing new batteries with no result. Now, the tab on the battery cover has broken off. Can the remote control be replaced?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Before we get too much further into this, I'd like to have you test the remote further to determine if this is a remote issue or a stereo issue.
Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.
Let me know the results,