Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Jensen vx 7020 navigation system does not turn on when clicking

Customer Question

jensen vx 7020 navigation system does not turn on when clicking on icon
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you are waiting for the navigation voice, and nothing else, try turning the volume control up from minimum - that can mute the voice altogether, if it is at or near the minimum volume setting.
If the navigation function just does not come up, you may need to rewrite the navigation maps file to the device, perhaps. Does anything appear on the screen, any error message, anything?
Do other functions of the Jensen device work? e.g. is the screen still in normal functioning condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes everything else is working. When i press the navigation icon nothing happens.
no error message of any kind no change in screenit is as if the navigation dors not exists
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe i neex to have a new sd card navigation installed. The system is suppose to be using the igo primo software.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That sounds reasonable, and I may say my thoughts about the case did pass by such a notion.Also: Have you checked the volume control, and does the device make any sounds in other modes and functions? Is it possible that the touch-screen has a bad spot, where the navigation icon is? does the screen ever change so that you could test that part of the screen, in a different function? Could the antenna connection be loose? that might stifle the navigation function, which does require communication with a satellite or similar reference point by radio communucation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes everything else is working fine , sound other programs etc. I also change the screen and press on others icon located on the same spot as the nav icon, and they work fine. I understand that the Igo primo is loaded into the nav system so its not like it would need the sd card to be on all the time. I also downloaded the igo primo software update and updated the navigation without any problems however when clicking on the icon still nothing
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Is the SD card inserted? if not, try it.