Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Pioneer VSX 60. There is no sound coming out of any

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer VSX 60. There is no sound coming out of any of the speakers. No sound from Zone 2 speakers. No sound from stereo, surround, or direct. It doesn't matter what the source is either. Any thoughts?
Warren
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Do you get anything from the headphone jack?
Does this happen with all inputs, including the fm tuner?
If you hook up the mcacc setup mic, can you get any speaker test tones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a set of headphones. Yes, this happens with all inputs. I do not have the setup mike either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reset for speaker output?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there Nathan?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I"m here. Please reply just once at a time - when you send multiples it gets pushed down the queue each time and takes longer for me to see.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
There is not a reset for the speaker output, but in general if you're getting no sound even from tuner, it can only possibly be an internal hardware failure (defect in the preamp/processing stage or fault in the amp). There is no setting that would cut sound entirely, you should always get at least stereo sound from the tuner at a minimum. The one thing we can try is a microprocessor reset:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's give it a try.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Power the receiver off (standby mode)Press and hold ENTER on the front panel while powering back onUse the Preset <> buttons to highlight RESET, press enterRESET? shows, then enter once more to confirm
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If the issue persists beyond that, it unfortunately leaves only the possibility of an internal hardware failure, which is most likely a bad main/control board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2011 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising.This is something that would require repairs to correct. You’ll find a typical repair to be around $350-400 for diagnostics, parts, and labor at a local shop. Given the costs, you're better off starting over with a new receiver with updated features (hdmi2, hdcp2.2, etc) and a fresh warranty for about the same price. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your imput. The reset didn't work. I'll send it out for repairs. Have a good day and take care. Warren
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Warren. Do you need help finding a repair shop? Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,