Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

My sound quit working about two weeks ago, I am hooked into

Customer Question

My sound quit working about two weeks ago, I am hooked into a Samsung sound system and we had a power outage the night before the sound stopped (I have a surge suppressor on the system)
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Also saw that you requested additional services although it is not specified what type .
For example it could be a full repair assistance if repairs are needed or a phone call again if needed so that is why I will ask a few questions first and then we will see ?
Now about the sound , we are talking about the TV's sound or the sound system or both ?
For example ,Is this tv (and sound system)connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Is that where you lost the sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV sound only,. The sound system actually provides the sound for the TV when I use it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am hooked up to DirectV and a Samsung system
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes ok but what I failed to explain is ;
Is it only the tv sound from the satellite box that quit ?
Do you still have sound from the receivers own radio or from other equipment connected to it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, Only the TV, The sound works thru the Satellite and VCR to the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I turn off the Samsung system I have no Audio thru the TV.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but you will have to explain this to me now ;
You got a vcr and you connected that same satellite box to it and you get sound out of the tv , is that it ?
Does that Samsung system have any sound whatsoever from any equipment or its own radio (if there is a built-in radio) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DirectV System plugs into a VCR and from that to the Samsung system and the TV. The TV has no sound coming out of it when the Samsung System is off, I can only get sound if the Samsung System is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The VCR is the Satellite box.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then this is quite different , we are talking about a DVR not VCR !!
Ok then and you used to be able to get sound out of the tv even when the Samsung system was off , is that correct ?
Can you give me the model number of that Samsung ?
How is all this interconnected , are you using hdmi all the way ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to wait until I get home to give you that data I will be home in about an hour so not sure I will be conversing with you or someone else.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
It will be me .
Once you get home you could log in justanswer and go to the tab above that says "my questions" , click on it and you will see this post .
You can also make yourself a shortcut on the desktop or copy this link;
http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?src=dn&T=15352861&rpt=1020#
If you will be login with a different email account then email yourself that link
Talk to you later