Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Just replaced a denon av receiver but it says "no speakers

Customer Question

Just replaced a denon av receiver but it says "no speakers found" when it is trying to calibrate the speakers. It was set up just like before. What now?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model of the new Denon?
2. Is this a newly purchased unit? or refurbished or second hand or?
3. How many speakers are connected?
4. Do you get sound from each speaker if you do manual test tones?

** REPLY to continue **

** do NOT start a new question **

** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **

** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Avr-x2100w brand new
It is wired for sub, front, surround, middle and back speakers (L & R) but we only have sub, center and 4 speakers in the ceiling. I'm thinking that might be an issue
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Do you get sound from each speaker if you do manual test tones?

SETUP

SPEAKERS

MANUAL SETUP

LEVELS

TEST TONE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We get sound if we play a dvd or watch tv but it doesn't pick up anything during the calibration
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
That's good. Do you get sound from each speaker if you do manual test tones?

SETUP

SPEAKERS

MANUAL SETUP

LEVELS

TEST TONE

You are plugging in the supplied MICROPHONE to the MIC port on the unit, right?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
If you are still not able to get the auto speaker calibration to work then you could try connecting the unit to your home network and updating the software, unplug the unit from power for 3 full minutes, plug back in, perform a Factory Reset, then attempt the calibration again. If you successfully performed all of the above and it still will not perform calibration, then you need to return the unit at the store where you got it because it is defective. If the store won't take returns then contact Denon directly to open a repair ticket.

If you need help with any of the above simply REPLY back here and I will be happy to help and before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.

Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.

Thank you,