Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I'm trying to hook up my Kenwood amp KAC-5206 to my 2011 silverado

Customer Question

i'm trying to hook up my Kenwood amp KAC-5206 to my 2011 silverado with aPAC aoem-gm1416 adapter but i'm not getting the amp to turn on.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you re-checked the wiring from the adapter to the Kenwood? ...to the Kenwood from the battery?Still, a review / proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) on the KAC-5206 if all other connections checks good:• always available +12V on the power terminal labeled POWER IN BATT.;• good ground connection of the the GND terminal;• turn on signal from the headunit through the adapter to the KAC-5206 on its P.CON terminal.It would also be preferable to use a multi-meter for the above tests. Or consider temporarily jumping the BATT. and the P.CON terminals together for test purposes with the BATT terminal directly connected to a +12V supply such as the battery's + terminal.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried all the above and if i jump power across the batt / pcon and the amp light came on but got no sound.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
How is the audio signal from the headunit fed to the Kenwood; LINE IN RCA jacks or SPEAKER LEVEL INPUT?