Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Got error code UE22 on Pioneer stereo receiver, would not do

Customer Question

Got error code UE22 on Pioneer stereo receiver, would not do firmware update, no sound coming out at all.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That error means 'Update Error', and means the processor is locked up or has encountered an unlikely or garbled instruction sequence in its firmware, or other severe fault.
Try shutting Off the receiver, unplugging it, and leaving it overnight.
Only after that interval, plug it in again, power it On, and see if the error is cleared.
If the error is not cleared by that means, then you should try to do a firmware update again... if it cannot, and will not, then at this point you have a choice between having it repaired, and replacing it, unfortunately.
(Did the UE22 error come up before, or only after, you attempted to update the firmware in the receiver? If 'only after', then what condition were you attempting to update the receiver for? or what problem did it have then?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error came before and after firmware update, I will try the steps you recommend and advise, thanks!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.