Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My Boses CDplayer will not read any CD's ?

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Can you please tell me the make/model of your unit?
Is it a Bose cd player, or a cd player belonging to your Boss?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Bose CD player
The waves sound touch
Set. No 061105933200383AE
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That looks more like a serial. There should be a model number on back starting with AWR.Is this the single disc player (built in) that won't work or an add on changer?Do you see an actual error message on the screen?Do you hear the disc "spin up" at all when it tries to play?Does it just spit the disc out right away?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the single disc player
It says the cd is unreadable.
No luck with the model number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not spit out the disc
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This type of problem is most often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens). If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly. If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.Give the above cleaning steps a try. Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, and best of luck to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very muc
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan