Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Nathan, we have an home automation that consist of Pronto TSU9400 Remote Control &

Customer Question

Hi Nathan, we have an home automation that consist of Pronto TSU9400 Remote Control & RFX9600 Extenders. The system used to control our lights, Sky TV, CCTV, Marantz DVD & Amp. The guy who originally set it all up for us is gone and i have no one to ask. The issue is that the Pronto went dead (white screen of death). Is that something you can assist with? (we are based in the UK).
*To make it clear, I need someone who can either create a file for me that i can load to my Pronto device (which i do not think will work as the Pronto seems to be dead - white screen dead (it still makes noises when buttons are clicked)
Or provide me with an alternative solution such as an App that can be synced with the Extender?
One way or another, i look for an answer that can give me the ability to communicate with my Extender and manage my home automation.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What you are experiencing unfortunately points to a hardware failure, which was common with these pronto remotes even back when installed, but even more so now as they age. The philips remote technology is long discontinued at this point though, so there is really no hope of repairing it at the hardware level. You may be able to find a used replacement on amazon or ebay occasionally that you could buy, but even those are still very expensive and would really only be prolonging the inevitable. You are probably better off starting fresh with a new system at this point. That will not be low cost either of course though, as it will require all new hardware and programming to be done. There is no current solution that can work with your existing extenders, those would have to be replaced as well. I'd recommend either a control4 system or a remote system from RTI or a "total control" system from URC. These are all pro installed products typically though. There are some newer philips remote products, but they won't integrate with your existing system and are really just an IR blaster/hub for use with an ios app. Have you initially tried pulling the battery out of the remote for an hour or so to reset it?It may also be possible to try reloading the remote firmware, but if you don't have the original programming files from the installer, you'd wipe the whole system and have to restart all the programming from scratch anyway. Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To be honest im not sure what im supposed to do now. The question is if im satisfied, and im not as i didn't get my problem solved, yet i do not wish to make you look bad and damage your reputation by giving a negative "Smiley".

D.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi D, I understand your perspective, and I appreciate your consideration.The site does offer a satisfaction guarantee, though the intent is that this is related to the quality, accuracy, and honestly of the answer provided. It is not necessarily a guarantee of a favorable outcome. In cases of hardware problem such as this, I'm limited to diagnosing and explaining the problem as well as giving you practical options for how to proceed. I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Alternately, if you find absolutely no value in my time and effort spent to respond, you may omit rating entirely, and request a refund via the customer service/help page. While I get no credit for my time, it then doesn't cost you and does not harm me either. If you need any additional information on this, would like help finding an installer, or recommendations for a replacement system, just let me know.Best regards,Nathan