Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a denon avr x3000 receiver. I had a power outage and

Customer Question

i have a denon avr x3000 receiver. I had a power outage and now I can't switch between zones. When i turn zone 1 on, zone 2 comes on as well and i can't turn off zone 2. what do i need to do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the receiver for and when did the problem occur?
2) Do all other functions work as they should, with the exception of the Zones?
3) What have you tried so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Owned receiver for 2 years. All other functions work. I've tried turning All zones on and off.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. There's two possible fixes for this on a user level. Beyond these it's very possible that the unit requires service. Please first unplug the Denon from power for 10 seconds and plug it back in, then attempt to switch between Zones and see what happens. If this does not work, then we need to reset the processor. Let me know if you need instructions on that end.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need instructions on how to Initialize/Reset the Processor in the receiver?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. Guess I need direction on processor
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Click on the link and scroll to page 197 to reset the processor. This clears any memory glitches, processor glitches or settings that may be causing the problem. In the event this does not work, this means the processor in the receiver has tanked and requires service. Here's the manual with the reset instructions (page 197): http://www.pcrichard.com/images/manuals/AVRX3000-manual.pdf I'd suggest trying the reset up to 3 times total if the first do not work, and beyond this the unit would require service through Denon who can be located at the following link: http://usa.denon.com/us/support/servicecentersearch If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.