Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Ihave a rx-a720 av receiver. We had a power outage, and afterwards,

Customer Question

Ihave a rx-a720 av receiver. We had a power outage, and afterwards, the receiver is unresponsive. The red light next to the main zone button is on, but that is all. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging in the cord. What should I do to fix it?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time, say an hour or even longer? ...and then trying again with no speaker/wires connected (but volume lowest)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done this. Not very helpful.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Then it would be an internal hardware issue.Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even a soldering iron? Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have time to chase this down. I'm calling out the company that installed the system. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.As posted earlier; a most likely internal hardware issue:• low or missing secondary voltage (least likely);• auto-protect mode has kicked in due to failed (output) transistors (most likely). Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.