Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I bought a polk audio 4000 sound-bar & sub-Woofer, I hooked

Customer Question

I bought a polk audio 4000 sound-bar & sub-Woofer, I hooked it up by the instructions, I have the speakers turn off on the tv because I have my floor speakers hook up to my stereo and I get my tv sound over my floor speakers and I have a cable box witch is hook up to my tv, I have power to the sound bar, buct there is a blue light on the sound bar (source)
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the stereo and cable. Additionally, please describe how these devices are inter-connected (to the TV) using what kind of cable(s).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only thing hook to the tv is the cable box, and the sound bar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
per the instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Optical cable from sound bar to tv
and RED, BLUE, GREEN from cable box to TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and power cord from sound bar to wall power
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
If "...only thing hook to the tv is the cable box, and the sound bar...", then how please is "...get my tv sound over my floor speakers..." ?On "...hook to the tv is...the sound bar...", which of the three (3) connection ports of the soundbar?And as inquired above, how is the cable box (model number please?) connected to the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung cable box, then r and optical cable to stereo Receiver , then speaker wire from stereo to speaker
and HDMI cord from stereo to TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is only 2 connections from sound bar optical to back of TV, and power to wall plug
on back of sound bar, optical plug, power plug , and 2 other plugs above one of then it says source
on the front of the sound bar the blue light is on under source
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Have you considered / tried connecting the cable box also to the soundbar directly aside from the cable box to the TV? ...something like red & white AUDIO OUT jacks of the cable box (if present) to the 3.5mm jack of the Polk Audio SOURCE 2 or 3 using a cable similar to the product shown HERE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blue, red, green already goes to the TV from cable box
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
green, blue & red normally would be for component video connections. Above proposal was for the use of red & white specifically for audio. If the TV's DIGITAL AUDIO OUT is correctly connected to the soundbar's SOURCE 1 port, then have you tried selecting 1 as the source of the soundbar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try the red white wire to back of TV and single line to sound bar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I there any chance I can call you or you call me
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
The above was from the cable box's red & white not "...red white wire to back of TV..." Are you able to select SOURCE 1 by touching the soundbar's front/top panel SOURCE key a number of times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the blue light will go 1 blue, then 2 blue, then 3 blue lights
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I got it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any thing else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we done louie
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.
It would appear then to be just needing selection using the SOURCE button/key.
Glad that the above service information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a rating if so warranted (if haven't done so). Otherwise, please post back should further assistance be needed or a new question for your other electronic concerns.
Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.