Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a denon avr x1100w av receiver. My receiver works for

Customer Question

I have a denon avr x1100w av receiver. My receiver works for my tv and bluetooth. I also have a sony turntable which connects through a red & white connection cord. I connected it to the AV's "media player" input on the back of my receiver, and put the setting on media player. The sound will not come through. The turntable is powered and does work. I have since tried a multitude of options. Any advice? Thanks.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Hi there, and sorry to hear you're having trouble.
The denons analog inputs require a higher level signal than what your turntable can provide. You will simply need to add an external phono preamp to bring it up to a sufficient signal level: http://amzn.to/1KSo40D
Note that after connecting this you may still need to go into the denon setup menu, under Input Select (do this in media player source mode already) and set it to analog, rather than auto/hdmi/digital.
Best regards,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,