Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have two issues with my RCA home theater receiver model RT2770

Customer Question

the first is the volume control knob has gone missing and now when I try to turn it up the volume it sometimes goes up or even goes down but it is not as responsive as before.
Also two of my ports for my speakers are not working at first I thought it was the speakers but I can still use them in the other ports for the back left and back right speakers. If you can help me with some replacement parts that would be a help also.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. With the indulgence of Aric and should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described volume issue and the not working speaker ports are both internal hardware issues. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even a soldering iron? If attempting a DIY, please post back with clear closeup pictures of the internal circuits particular the large ICs attached to a heatsink as well as the front panel board/volume control.