Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can I connect Bluetooth speakers to a Bose 535 system?

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Regrettably, after several minutes research on that particular Bose system, I (to some extent at least) have to confirm that it is not likely to be possible.
This is the only Bluetooth adapter that is mentioned as applicable to the Bose 535 system:
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/home_theater/accessories/bluetooth_audio_adapter/index.jsp
and it clearly states that it is supposed to be connected to the AUX Input on the Bose system - that is, it cannot be meaningfully hooked up to speakers. Speakers would have to be hooked up to an output from the Bose system. And there appears to be no such output that can go to a Bluetooth adapter.
The objective in getting Bluetooth speakers to work with the Bose system, in fact, would be of finding an output, then finding a Bluetooth adapter that would work with that output, then connecting that Bluetooth adapter to the Bluetooth speakers.
So, what outputs are there on your Bose 535 system? if there were a USB output, or a way to switch output to a USB port? if so, a USB Bluetooth adapter might possibly work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I guess the only way to add speakers would be by wire if there were additional outpost jacks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is true.I never heard of a 'speaker wire to Bluetooth' adapter. (That doesn't prove there is no such thing, though.)