Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a teac td-x300i. The subwoofer/amp unit cuts out and

Customer Question

I have a teac td-x300i. The subwoofer/amp unit cuts out and if left on resumes function briefly. I've replaced 3 amp plug fuse (I'm in the UK) and having removed the amiplier unit from the casing can see no problems with the three fuses inside. Is it likely to be a component I can replace - please can you help? Yours, Nick
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially, please provide a clear closeup picture of the inside circuitry. Still, the only easy doable checks would be to determine the presence and consistency of the DC voltage to the amp module. In most instances, the described symptom would either be a low/missing DC rail and/or a failed output. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiarity with a multimeter and even a soldering iron?