Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Morning Michael I know it's been a couple days but I am hoping

Customer Question

Morning Michael I know it's been a couple days but I am hoping you can still help me. I did retrace my steps & everything is connected where it should be but the screen is still black. I have also tried to install another screen to make sure the first one wasn't faulty but I had the same results. The battery light flashes in the top right corner like it's supposed to but that is all. I am not sure if it's a software issue or what.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I see that you have indicated that we spoke a few days ago but I do not see another question hear from you. Can you please refresh my memory on the original question? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I don't know where that first one disappeared to. I have a Sony Xperia Z model #6606, phone I replaced the front screen on the other day and everything worked fine for a few minutes. The wireless wasn't connected so I removed the back of the phone again and snapped the wire on, put the back on but then the screen has been black since then. The battery light indicator in the top right corner flashes but that is all.

If you are certain that everything is connected correctly, then the only other possibility is that the panel is defective. Did you get the panel from a seller that will accept it to exchange of her new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did and I was thinking that too but I had another working replacement screen here so I tried that one and it still does the same thing - nothing but a black screen. Could it be the back light is bad? Or maybe the fuse for the backlight? I am not sure how to test the backlight though. Is there anyway it would be a software problem, maybe?
If the backlight is bad, you will still be able to see a faint image on the screen. It's very unlikely to happen though. Since there are so many leds backlighting a screen, it would have to be an inverter. I don't think that a software problem could account for this. It could be a failure of the motherboard, however.