Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I read about Yamaha Rx-A810 reset in your chat

Customer Question

I read about Yamaha Rx-A810 reset in your chat with another client.
I did try to install Google Chromecast in HDMI port number 7. My device probably show this problem: The protection circuitry has been activated 3 times consecutively.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Frankly it sounds to me as if the Yamaha device is broken, and the reset you tried did indeed initialize it - at least, began to - but then the 'breakage' or whatever fault there is in it, prevented further initialization beyond showing the model number in the display (a typical sign of being at the initial stages of a reset, or a power-on recently happened.)
How old is your Yamaha RX-A810 ?
What seems to be wrong with it ?
Would you consider having it repair-serviced ? if so, please Reply with your locality, e.g. by zip code or other indicator.
Thanks.