Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Cd door on bose 321 won't open

Customer Question

cd door on bose 321 won't open
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)There are a few things you can try:First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power. If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired. If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Nathan. I'll try those options & get back to you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, and best of luck to you!Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,