Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I cannot get zone 2 to stay on. Clips out after one or two

Customer Question

I cannot get zone 2 to stay on. Clips out after one or two seconds of playing. was not always doing this but rather just started. I have main set to "straight". Please help....company's coming and its Memorial Day weekend....this is my music at my pool and througout my house.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a stereo surround sound two zone receiver...not a motorcyle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not need a motorcycle repairman...it is a stereo receiver
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the only easy check (if have not been tried) would be to run again the Yamaha with no speakers connected to the EXTRA SP terminals but the ZONE2 volume set lowest. The idea is to determine if it is speaker/wire related or an internal hardware issue. Check or consider (temporarily) replacing the pool speakers and/or its wiring.Preferably, use the resistance/continuity function on a multi-meter and measure the pool speakers/wiring. The minimum reading should be ~8Ω.If an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a soldering iron. Equally important, could you make use of the schematic diagrams?