Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Pioneer Elite A/V receiver model VSX-80TXV it has

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite A/V receiver model VSX-80TXV it has worked fine for years and today the rear speakers stopped working. I have tried all the configuration and can barely hear the output.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checked all the connections, sound is barely audible, turned up the eq and still can barely here the surround speakers. getting normal output from the front 4, system is hooked up as 5.1, no side speakers. tried all settings on the SB system.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, if all external factors including wiring & speakers have checked good, then consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: please click HERE.May have to be done a number of times.This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other issues. If so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, you may need access to and familiarity with the use of a multimeter and even a soldering iron. Equally important, could you make use of the schematic diagrams?