Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I can wait. Louie I have a cd player and the display

Customer Question

ForCustomerI can wait. Louie I have a cd player and the display dont show all the lines and some weird characters. I'm thinking its the power supply to these boards since they are both showing these symptoms. Please advise.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It is possible that is the power supply board, however it is more likely the display itself that needs to be replaced. And yes it does happen over time. If you'd like to provide me with the exact model number of the device I can see if I can find a replacement part for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Michael but I would like to haveCustomer(Louie) answer the question as stated in my question in the beginning. Thank you.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Johnny and welcome back to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the new requested question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would be least likely for a power supply issue as otherwise, the fault would be commonly displayed and not "...dont show all the lines and some weird characters.."

Proposed preliminary try would be to clean/re-solder all the legs of the display opn both boards. Of particular interest would be the first 4 or 5 pins as well as the last 4-5 pins.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Louie I resoldered the display on the board which is getting the main feed and same problem

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.

The only other check would be for the presence and consistency of the regulator voltages at these displays. Checks the voltages of pins 1 & 3 using chassis GND as reference; IC1004 and IC2001