Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a samsyung 5.1 ch blu ray HT C5530 system which has

Customer Question

I have a samsyung 5.1 ch blu ray HT C5530 system which has been working wonderfully for the past 4 years. Yesterday we lost the sound and now, everytime I try to power up the blu ray system the sound comes on for a few seconds and then the screen shows PROT and shuts off - pleeeeease help.
Thanks
Lana
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. With the indulgence of Aric and should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried un plugging for an extended period of time? ...say a couple of hours? And then when plugging back in the power, temporarily disconnect all the speakers. The idea is to run without any speakers, volume at the lowest and see if it would still kick in PROTect mode. This would then determine if it is speaker caused or an internal hardware issue.