Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

We have an Yamaha HR 7065 AV receiver that is about 18 months

Customer Question

We have an Yamaha HR 7065 AV receiver that is about 18 months old. For the past several weeks we have had the audio cut out repeatedly..first it was only for a few seconds and gradually it got longer and longer. Just the other day we lost audio for over 10 minutes. The video is fine on HD or regular TV iwith our Dish unit. We have the audio problem on TV, DVR, and music CDs. We notice that the unit is running very hot. We had always made sure that there was a least several inches of open space around and above the receiver in the cabinet. We just recently moved the unit to an open shelf and carefully vaccumed out any dust and then we checked all of the connects to make sure nothing was loose. After all of this we powered up the unit and it ran fine four about 8 hours and the sound cut out again last night. We rebooted the system and it worked for another 2-3 hours before we shut everything off for the night. This morning we powered it up and we only had audio for about 20 minutes before we lost it again.
What is the problem?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
You said that at first it would cut only for a few secs , in that case , would it come back on by itself or you had to cycle the power ?
Does the volume level seem to make a difference in the time it will stay on ?
For example , doe sit take longer before shutting down at very low volume ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack,I keep losing the chart connection. If you get this can we please talk on the phone?Art
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No problem be the way this has to be done here is for me to send you an "additional service" offer that you will need to accept and then give me your phone number.
Sorry but its the only way I`m allowed to do this here .