Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I was connecting the speaker wire to the back of my pioneer

Customer Question

I was connecting the speaker wire to the back of my pioneer vsx-822 and it just shut off. Now I can not get it to turn back on. Please help.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;Did you try to disconnect that speaker and try the vsx again ?What does it do now , is there a "protect" message on the display ?If unplugging that speaker(s) does the trick then double check your wiring both at the vsx and speakers to make sure there are no strands touching and while the pioneers power cord is unplugged re-connect them and try it again . If the same thing happen after checking the wiring then something is wrong with the speakers .Let me know how that goes