Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

Remote stopped working. Sound bar and sub work

Customer Question

Remote for LG4520a stopped working. Sound bar and sub work ok manually
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Do you happen to have a cell phone camera,digital camera or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a smart pho e with camera
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then here is how to test your remote;Turn on the camera and point the front of the remote at the camera lens ,then while looking at the remote through the screen press buttons on the remote.If the remote is working, you should see light coming out the front of it while looking at it through the camera screen.If you see nothing coming out and are not sure if you did the test correctly then try it with a known working remote.You can look at the link below to see an example;http://www.theremotedoctor.com/trouble_files/remote_setup2.jpg If nothing is coming out of there then you can get an original replacement at the link below;http://www.electronicadventure.us/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AKB73575401&Category_Code=If the remote proves to be operational then try this ;Unplug the sound bar`s power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again. If that does not do it then you would be looking at a defective remote sensor in the soundbar and this is not really replaceable as there are no parts available unless under warranty.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is light coming from the remote. The soundbar doesn't respond to it. Batteries have been replaced again for strength
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok and did you try to reboot the soundbar as I suggested above ?
How long have you had that sound bar now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have owned it a little over a year and I will reboot
hold the power button on the tv? Not sure what the tv has to do with the sound bar or remote?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , my bad , I meant the soundbar power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will try that
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then and i may have another test for you depending on your TV's brand name .
Would happen to be a LG , Sony , Hitachi or Samsung ?