Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My out door speakers on zone 2 when connected get the message

Customer Question

my out door speakers on zone 2 when connected get the message volume fix and then shuts off
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the Yamaha for and when did the problem occur?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
In other words is this the first time setup of the Yamaha, or was it working fine and then you suddenly got this message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has been off for some time we have not had the time to fix
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. First disconnect the receiver from power for 10 seconds then plug it back in.Please reset the Yamaha to factory settings.With the unit in standby, press and hold "Straight" (Effect), while pressing "Standby". Advanced Setup appears on the front display. Rotate the program knob until "reset" shows on the display, then press "Straight" (Effect), to select "Reset". Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no reset shows
sp imp-40min
preset-cancel
remote ID1
these are the only things that show
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Select Preset. The use Straight Effect button to select "Reset".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it says reset
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Press Standby/ Power to confirm the selection.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
This puts the unit back to factory settings and clears any processor issues that may have been causing the issue before. Attempt to use the receiver or run through setup, and then let me know if the symptoms are the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zone 2 volume fix still c comes up
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, does the receiver shut itself off still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the outdoor speakers won't come on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay hang tight. What happens when you try to adjust the volume?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the indoor ones are great ,the volume on the zone 2 when touched up or down goes to fix
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, looking for more info here....be right back.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I found a solution, but it's pretty in depth so I'm just going to post the link to Yamaha's page where it's all outlined: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v665_black__u/1157/4106/ Please try those steps and if they solve the problem don't forget to rate my service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is rx-v757
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Menu's should be almost- if not- identical.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
menu does not come up . I have to stop having 30 people over this evening . maybe pick up tomorrow
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There's general setup instructions for Zone 2 here as well, when you're able (specifically for your model): http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v757_black__u/1163/6053/ You can reply back at any time, and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my help thus far. There's no additional cost for follow ups.