Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a AVR-X4100W I have Samsung UN65HU8550 I have a optical

Customer Question

I have a AVR-X4100W I have Samsung UN65HU8550 I have a optical audio cable running from the tv optical out to the optical in on the Denon. Where is this input on the remote control so I can hear Netflix on my Denon system?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
That really depends which port you're using on the denon, and how the denon is configured.
The denon doesn't have specific buttons assigned to the various ports (hdmi, optical, coax, etc), but rather each port is assigned to a particular source mode (dvd,tv, game, etc) within the setup menu.
By default optical1 is linked to the TV source mode and opt2 is to CD. So as a starting point (if you haven't reassigned those) use the remote to pick TV or CD (depending where it is plugged in) and you should pick up signal from the tv there.
Best regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected the Samsung Optical out to the Denon Optical in. All I get is the speakers in the tv with sound. Help..
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Which port on the denon?What source/input is denon set to?What lights/indicators do you see on the denon front panel?Please go into the tv setup menu and disable the tvs internal speakers (speakers off) / set tv audio to external/theater as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a HDMI cable connected to HDMI 4 with a satellite box that works on HDMI 4 input fine.Will look into tv but don't know where to find the internal external on the tv.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The satellite connection is irrelevant to getting tv audio from apps (netflix, etc) back to the denon.All you really need to do is set the denon to the correct input mode (TV audio, if using the optical 1 port) and disable the samsung internal speakers. That setting is right there and easily found in the samsung setup menu under sound/audio.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try to find but will take some time be patient please.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, take your time, I'll be here if you get stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it and switched it to Audio out but no audio. I have the Denon on CBL/SAT no audio on Netflix
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Cbl/sat would not be the correct input.Again, if you plugged into opt1 on the denon you have to set the denon to the TV source mode. If you used opt2 then put it onto the CD source mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried both optical inputs no audio on either CBL SAT or CC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I watch TV on the satellite HDMI 4 I listen on CBL/SAT on Denon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I will try one of the local installers here. Byby
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
None of those are correct. Your Denon has a source mode called TV audio. That is what you have to select.