Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Time I've had issues with my Philps TV in that I was

Customer Question

For some time I've had issues with my Philps TV in that I was unable to get the TV turned on. I'd always disliked the sound system on the Philips, and bought a Solo around a year ago. It's worked beautifully even since. Yesterday I spent about 50 minutes trying to turn on the TV remotely, and also by touching the unit. I finally was able to get the TV on, but my Solo now only produces a white noise, hissing sound. There is no audio. So as to be able to watch something I reverted to the use of the Philips speakers, a far cry from the Solo. Since then I'm now able to turn on the TV with 1 or 2 tries. The Solo however still doesn't work, emitting the same white noise, hissing sound. I'm up in years and my hearing may be on the wane, but I miss my Solo, and it's only been 2 days! I've already unplugged the Solo, both red, white cables and the connection to the TV for as long as 10 minutes, replugging them to no avail. Any help you can render would be really appreciated. I even convinced my sister to buy a Solo, and she loves it! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sincerely,
John D Meloy
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV and the "Solo". Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box or a satellite receiver? If the latter, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie,
I've since resolved this issue myself, but appreciate your input. The reason I left the "questionnaire" process of your site is as follows: I neglected to see where my original query made to "Bose" was headed. That's my fault! Secondly, I was stymied by the "triple-threat" JustAnswer reply offering only several ways to pay! There didn't seem to be any "one question answer!" I'd already supplied my credit information. Hopefully, I'm only in for the $5.00 initial request. Suspect you're a good guy, but your company's tactics scared me off. Also, the "7 minutes left Expert work time" is really intimidating!
Hoping you'll understand, and thanking you Louie.
Best regards,
John Meloy
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great John! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.
Still, appreciate the post back and update.
This is not an Info Request.