Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Just trying to hook up my new Russound amp and I'm having a

Customer Question

Just trying to hook up my new Russound amp and I'm having a problem connecting the speakets
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me the model of your system please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R1250MC Amp
Plugging a definitive technology streaming system into the amp
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
How do you have everything connected currently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyway to send photos
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can upload photos with the paperclip/attach icon, or put them on any file share site and send me the link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6keqs2u73wiqq0n/AACFsbX835d1UdPNCUGXIC3la?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It came through, thanks, ***** ***** just your wall speaker plate though, what is connected to the russound?What is the purpose of the streamer as well? The russound is intended to amplify wired speakers, if you're using a wireless amp in a remote location, you wouldn't need that amp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just don't know how to hook up the speakers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not able to view the 2nd photo,but your russound would typically be in one room, in a rack/closet, fed into in wall wiring (which can be that wall plate in the first image), and those then feed in wall/ceiling speakers in different rooms. The streamer you have from def tech is really meant to drive a pair of surround speakers or speakers in a location where you can't run hardwired speaker lines to. What do you have for speakers, and where are they located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the speakers are hard wired already. We have 4 pairs of speakers in the ceiling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

photo again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbjt5vio5jn41cg/image.jpeg_1?dl=0

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay I can see that pic, can you give me the model of the def tech system?What else is connected here, if anything? Is your intent to power the in ceiling speakers off of the russound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else is connected
Yes that is my intent
Model http://www.definitivetech.com/products/wamp
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so what are you doing with the deftech system? Is that your primary source? (pandora, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If so, you've got your connections backwards, for starters. On back of the deftech your audio out ports are fine, but on the russound you are connected to an output as well. hook to the BUS in on the left side instead.Then connect your speakers, one room/pair at a time to the russound, matching up polarity (left red to top+, left black to top -, right red to red to top+, right black to top -). Make sure that the switch on each of the "zones" is set to the "bus" selection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try it this afternoon and will send you a picture. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome, I'll wait for your update. Good luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked, thanks, ***** ***** sound is rally distorted. Voices are real quit music loud and it's almost like you hear each instrument seperatly.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
That may be a function of some of the settings on the deftech box. Try looking to see if there are audio settings you can adjust to tweak a fixed or variable output from the streamer. I'd speculate that the output level from the streamer is too low, then the russ is really amplifying it, so it is getting distorted. You'd be better off to crank up the streamer and then dial back the russ.