Aric, Engineer
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience setting up and troubleshooting Home Theater-Stereo systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.

How do I change the setting from phones to my surround speakers.

How do I change the setting from phones to my surround speakers. There's no jack pluged for headphones but there's no sound coming out of my speakers. Pioneer axd7660
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

How long have you had the Pioneer for and when did the problem occur?

Also, what makes you think the sound is set to Headphones- does the display on the Pioneer state this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have only had it a month and it's been working fine till 10 minutes ago I think I pressed something by mistake. Now when I click ion sound settings it doesn't say Dolby digital and the others. Only phones so I think that's the problem.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.
Okay, are you saying that the display on the receiver actually says " Only phones"?

Or that the sound right now is only coming from the Headphones when you plug them in?

Additionally, have you tried unplugging the receiver from power for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It only says phones surround and stereo. But there is no sound regardless. It didn't work with unplugging it.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.
Okay, so the display actually says Phones on it? If so, then please try taking a headphone plug, and with the receiver unplugged, wet the headphone plug with rubbing alcohol, and insert it into the jack 4-6 times. Then plug the receiver back in and let me know if you have sound. These units use a self muting headphone jack and when they get dusty this problem can occur.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It worked. The setting automatically changed after placing in the jack. Thanks a lot.
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.
Excellent and I am glad to hear that! The jack simply needed to be re-engaged. If you need further assistance let me know and if you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate me.
Aric, Engineer
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience setting up and troubleshooting Home Theater-Stereo systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.