Steven, Technician
Experience:  Certified ISF and HAA Home Theater Installer

We have a Bose CD player model AWRCC1 with a separate multi

We have a Bose CD player model AWRCC1 with a separate multi cd player and charger accessory. The main unit has CD slot 1. CD slot 2 in the seperate piece will not work - when you put in a CD is comes up and says disc error and the CD will not eject. Can this be repaired and if so how?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Steven replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is Steven.
I can try and help you with this question today.
What is the model number of the peice that has the problem?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

It doesn't have a model number on it. It says Bose Wave Multi CD Charger Accessory

Expert:  Steven replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the optical pickup prices are around the same price anyway, When these units make an attempt to read the disk but fail it is almost always caused by the failure of the optical pickup to read the data from the disk. Usually a disk error will be displayed on the screen when this happens. The problem with Bose is the parts availability is not good for the average repair shop. You most likely would have to take it to a authorized Bose repair center, usually a optical assembly repair for most units would fall in the range of 150 to 175 dollars, I tried to search for the optical assembly for this unit and quickly found one for the AWRCC1 on ebay for 22.00 as seen here (click here) however it isn't likely that an authorized repair center will purchase the part from them, they will want to buy it directly from Bose as an OEM part. If you think the unit is worth the 175 dollar repair then certainly it may be worth having it looked at. because of the alignments needed after part replacement it is not a DIY type repair. I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or need assistance please continue to use the reply to expert button, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

and where do I get it repaired?

Expert:  Steven replied 5 months ago.
You can contact them at 1-877-210-3782 monday thru Friday 8am to 8pm for a complete list the authorized service centers.
Steven, Technician
Experience: Certified ISF and HAA Home Theater Installer