Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

I have a coby entertainment center in my rv (dvd, surround

Customer Question

I have a coby entertainment center in my rv (dvd, surround sound and AM/FM Radio). I hooked it up to my new 29" Phillips HD TV. I get sound from the dvd player but no picture. What can I do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for the question.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV?

What is the model number on the front of the Coby system?

Also, which specific jack are you connecting the yellow to on the TV?

Have you used the TV remote to change the Input?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV and COBY are in the camper and not available to me right now. The yellow (according to the manual of the TV) is being put in a green hole. It is the first, left hole on the bottom row. The red is on the top, right and the white is to the left of the red.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. I cannot locate any specific information about connections or settings without at the very least the model number of the TV. Is there any way you can reply back when you have this information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not going to camp till Saturday. You have no idea at all what the problem is?

The coby worked perfectly with my old analog TV. Now with the new TV (which is HD) all I get is the sound - no picture.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Are you able to get the model numbers? I can help you as soon as you can get them. Is there not a yellow connection on your TV? How about red/green/blue on your DVD player?