Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

Can you recover a recording when the set 2 weeks has started

Customer Question

Can you recover a recording when the set 2 weeks has started over
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: QSEE Model QC3016
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We really need to recover the tape for the evening of Dec 3rd I have been told that our camera starts recording over the tapes after 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been told that our camera start recording over the tapes after 2 weeks is there somewhere the old tapes are stored for recovery
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to say there is no way to recover the video once it has been recorded over. For your future needs you may want to adjust the frame rate down to 15 fps max to give you more recording time and still view it as live. The link below gives some great examples of how the different frame rates look during playback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-czVj088Q&feature=youtu.be

If you don't have a manual to reference please download it from here: http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/QC-DVR-User-Manual.pdf

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid for our time), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,