Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

We are new tenants in this home. The ADEMCO alarm system is

Customer Question

We are new tenants in this home. The ADEMCO alarm system is not really hooked up, per landlord, yet it has been beeping and is now having a constant alarm screaming that we can not stop! I took the large battery out of the metal box and it still is sounding off! Help! The dogs are going nuts and I have a migraine before it began!
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: No idea, I would guess 6 yrs as that is when the landlord lived here....
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started beeping last evening. Alarm for about 2 hrs now that I know of.... I tried the off button, code off, took large battery out of main metal box
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I know, sorry
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 3 months ago.

Please get a screw driver or a pair of wire cutters and go back to the box that you disconnected the battery at. You will need to look at the inside of the door for a schematic, look for the terminals designated for AC or Transformer and disconnect one of those 2 wires with the screwdriver or if you don't have a screwdriver cut one of those wires. with the battery disconnected and the wire removed the system will die completely. You can also locate the make and model of the control at the bottom of the schematic, I can help you much better if I know what we are working with.

What does the keypad indicate to be the source of the alarm condition?

Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid for our time), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.

Regards,

Please let me know how I can help you further.

Most of the Ademco products utilize terminals 1&2 for the AC Transformer input