Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can I plug power adapter outside in the heat and cold

Customer Question

can I plug power adapter outside in the heat and cold
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Offhand the adapter needs to be protected from snow, ice and rain- so if you're going to plug it in outside- you need an "Outside" GFCI with a cover. The adapter should be underneath the cover at all times. Besides that, it will have no problems with cold, however heat is the enemy of all electronics- so if you're referring to having it directly in the sun during the summer- that will cause the adapter to burn up in short time. Ideally these adapters should be used indoors- however with care (outside GFCI, covered and out of direct sun) they will be fine.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?