Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Inadvertently set an alarm off when trying to get the

Customer Question

Hi. Inadvertently set an alarm off when trying to get the "replace battery" beeping toe top. Ddin't even know it worked. Now I don't know how to turn it off, because I don't know what buttons I pushed. Can't find the model number, but there's a sticker outside that says Z823
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: DSC
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Several hours. Tried a bunch of buttons...and luckily it switched to "armed away mode: so that the motion sensor turned off (cross fingers)...but I don't know what I did. And without a code to stop the alarm, nothing works.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nothing to add to the Q at this time
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Is the alarm still ringing?

Do you know who installed the alarm?

The installer should have a master code that can reset it if you don't know the operator code.

If the installer is unable to help then the backup battery in the bell will need to be removed to stop the alarm ringing.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.