Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a Lorex system, that had recorded a car break-in. I

Customer Question

Hi I have a Lorex system, that had recorded a car break-in. I wanted to save the video and send it to the Police. I don't have any instruction manual. Could you assist?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Its a LHV2000 series.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well, I just don't know how to save the video footage and send it to the police. They had already visited our home and ask if we could send the video footage to them.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, Also how do I zoom in to get a larger image of the suspect's face?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 10 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

To provide the video to the police you need to backup the video to a USB stick or drive.

Connect a usb drive to the DVR that has no data on it you want to keep as this process will delete all the data on it

Then go to main menu

Select the USB device you would like to format under Device Name and click Browse

Click Format. Click OK to confirm

Then go back to the main menu and click backup

Set the search options to the video you want to export

Select your USB device

Select the format .asf which you can use the fre program VLC player to play http://www.videolan.org/

Click Add. A list of files that match your search criteria appears.

Check files you would like to backup and then click Backup. Wait for the backup to complete.

You can then give the USB device to the Police

You can use Digital Zooming and to make it easier as you will need to see the icon to use, I have put the manual below

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/de/de64f907-f4da-4f07-96c2-70ba471830ec.pdf

Page 35 shows you how to zoom.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you