To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have a used HRG85 recorder and it was purchased while I

Customer Question

I have a used HRG85 recorder and it was purchased while I was in the hospital and nobody knows the admin password, can you help or does the board need to be replaced or hard drive reloaded
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Honeywell HRG85 Date 06-14-2012
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Every sense it was installed, as I said it was a used recorder. Tried factory password
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no there is not
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try the default admin password:

12345

on it. Since it is used, that has probably been changed, but it is worth a try to start with.

After that... do you have a bill of sale for the purchase of the Honeywell DVR, to prove that you are the owner (not to me, but to any party that needs to know) ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No that does not work I have tried that before and just tried again.
No there is no bill of sale, as I said before it was purchased while I was in the the hospital last year from a guy that helps me pull cables from time to time for new cams, he has told me in the pass it was given to him when he helped someone update to a new system

You would have to go to Honeywell Video themselves, and ask them to reset the password ***** you. The originators of a good security system DVR box, are the ones that have the power to do that; nobody else does.

I'm sorry to have no better solution to offer, but what I have said is the truth, and it might work.

www.honeywellsystems.com/contact/index.html

has their contact information on it.

In case that doesn't work, I have left this case still open. Let me know how it turns out, please. Thanks.