Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have installed a TL300 and have been told since we do not

Customer Question

We have installed a TL300 and have been told since we do not have a dedicated IP address that we need to program the TL300 by computer. What program should we be using and how can I get it on my laptop?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a DSC PC 1832 we installed it in 2010
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have charter cable for our phone and they accidentally shut both lines off when we asked them to only shut off one. After they turned our line back on our system keeps saying communication error. It has worked perfectly up until they shut off and turned back on our phone line
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 24 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The programming can be done by the PK5500 LCD keypad or by T-Link Console software.

As for the communication error, it might be the number dialed by the system is invalid. Also, has the phone line service changed, with the restoration of the phone line service line? was it analog phone line service before?

And also, was the alarm not showing a communication error, before the lines were shut off, for sure?