Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We have a 3 camera security system and view with Hon View

Customer Question

We have a 3 camera security system and view with Hon View Touch on our iphones. Every time we try to access we get a Login Timeout notice. We've tried unplugging everything and restarting with no luck.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A few weeks now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what needs to be done. I called the local company that installed and they said I should unplug and restart everything.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Have the appropriate ports been opened on the router to allow access?

Are you seeing the system up for the first time, or were you able to view it using the app on your iPhone ok previously?

Have you tried viewing whilst your iPhone is connected to the same wifi network, as well as trying to view remotely?

Have you tried to view using your iPhone's data plan?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
We had the system installed several months ago with no issues until now. My wife and I both have the app on our iPhones. We've tried viewing from all of the options you've listed with both phones but have had no luck.
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Has anything changed? e.g. your internet provider or cellular provider?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Nothing has changed.
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

Can you access the system in any other way, e.g. on a computer?

If the system is not accessible, try restarting the modem/router and any other network equipment where the camera system is installed and let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
As I started in my request for help, I've already restarted everything. I've done this again with no help. I don't have computer access. I will go back to the installer and ask for help. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

Ok, I just needed confirmation of that as it just said you were advised to restart everything, it did not say you had actually done that yet!

Are you at the camera site now, or are they based at a remote site?

Did anything occur such as a power outage or thunderstorm that may have affected the system?