To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

I have replaced the battery and fuse. i still get NOAC on

Customer Question

i have replaced the battery and fuse. i still get NOAC on display panel.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, the "NO AC" would be displayed if the ADT Safewatch Pro 2000 has lost its AC power; i.e. its 120VAC supply has been cut off. The system is operating on backup battery power.

Have you checked / ensured that it is getting power from the mains? ...circuit breaker to the outlet powering the ADT Safewatch Pro 2000 good?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's not connected to any circuit breaker. Do you think because I disconnected my phone line? I don't think it has anything to do with it. I am not sure. I checked the AC plug is connected. I don't know what else to do. Thanks.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

The only easy test then would be to try and connect its AC plug to another outlet known to be good.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

The alternative is a failed part at its AC power supply circuit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have various connection connection to that AC plug. I have radio, sprinkler system, shop light, and power strip. All in working order. I don't have any other AC plug in the area. It's been connected for 13 years. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

And based on this, then it would be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The circuit board are in great shape. I am considering of calling ADT itself. But I don't want to do that. I know they are going to ask for monitoring service. I don't want that. I don't have a multi-meter tool. I have already tried everything you have suggested. The reason I went on justanswer because I thought I would get a different answer. I didn't really get the help I need. So, it's completely a waste of your time and mine. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Again thanks for the additional information.

Based on these, can you please try check if you have AC voltage on pins 1 and 2?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is pins 1 and 2?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

The above post was based on "...circuit board are in great shape..." which tells me that you have checked the inside.

To serve as common reference, please post back clear pictures of what you are seeing. Click HERE.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1 and 2 pins are intact. it's not soldered or anything. it's screwed in.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, but the above was "...check if you have AC voltage on pins 1 and 2..."

Please post back results / observations of the above once tested.