Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Vista 20P with two 6271 keypads. I'm getting a

Customer Question

I have a Vista 20P with two 6271 keypads. I'm getting a LNGRNG RADIO fault that I can't clear. It was probably caused by my attempt to move one of the 6271 keypads into Partition 1 instead of partition 2. How can I get the fault cleared and put the keypad into partition 1? Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Martin, this error means that there is an issue with the alarm system network communication, such as loss of network connection, cover tamper, or wiring issue between the panel and the communicator.

You will need to undo the changes you made, then enter the installer code to reset the system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks but I'm not sure what changes I made. I was trying to change the home partition for the second keypad from partition 2 to partition 1. So I believe I entered *190. When I did, it showed me the address (17) of the keypad. I typed in 1 thinking it would change the home partition to 1. Maybe I ended up changing the address which is causing the error. I'll try entering 17 into *190 and see if the error goes away. If so, I will still have the home partition problem. Do you know how to fix that? Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi martin, in that case you will need to check the address and change it if necessary - the procedure to do this is in the programming guide.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well it is and it isn't. It presupposes that the person programming has a basic knowledge of how the system works. I need a push this button, enter this number approach which is why I messed up the original programming. Do you have a copy of the manual? If not I can attach a pdf of it for you to look at if that's possible.